Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Question about wiring suncourt inline duct fan high and low settings???

I ordered a new fan for my vent hood. I have a 2 speed 10" inline suncourt duct fan. It has a high and low setting. I took the 2 speed switch and power cord off my old fan to rewire on to my new fan. It says on the side of my fan Common white, Ground green, low speed red, high speed black. Looks easy enough. When I opened up the 2 speed switch box, I noticed the red wire is on the right side of the switch (the high side) and the black wire is on the left side of the switch (the low side)…Is this how I should rewire these two colored wires…the green and white I got all figured out but if the switch is on low, why is the black wire plugged into that side and not the opposite as the label suggest. I remember testing the old fan with incense and everything seemed to work fine for 5 years…Does it make a difference if these two wires are switched…? :o :

Question about wiring suncourt inline duct fan high and low settings???

No comments:

Post a Comment